Search This Blog

3/3/14

First Ever Beauty Post!



I recently decided to go blonde, finally. It was a decision months in the process. My hairdresser convinced me to do a high ombre rather than a dramatic full head of blonde (eventually I'll still have to get it out of my system) and I couldn't be happier with the result. Now I had done a lot of research before hence the anticipation and was well aware that bleached hair is way more prone to damage. With the new look came new responsibilities so I researched some more and stocked up. I now have a particular hair routine. First, I soak my hair about an hour prior to washing or even overnight if I'm not feeling too lazy before bed with Josie Maran Organic 100% Argan Oil. It really coats the hair and preps it for the chemicals in shampoo that can be harsh on my hair. According to all I read it helps to rebuild damaged hair over continuous use as well. I'm not too picky about what shampoo I use but currently I opt for Not Your Mother's Brand and I'll soon switch once I run out. I then spritz a generous amount of Paul Mitchell's Forever Blonde Dramatic Repair. It's amazing for bleached hair. Whether I will blow-dry or air dry it works to give my hair shine and protect it from heat. I was advised "No Flat Irons" so I usually just blow-dry if I want a nice sleek finish. I have recently fallen in love with Brilliance New York's Diamond Drops. Literally, I walk around with it in my handbag! No matter how much you apply, your hair will never feel heavy nor oily. It instantly gives your hair a silky feel and shine. Now for days where I need to skip a wash I opt for Oscar Blandi's Dry Shampoo. Washing too much can really dry the hair especially bleached and processed hair. If you guys have any questions feel free to leave a comment which I will reply to!


1.Brilliance New York Diamond Drops - available at local retailer who carry the brand
2. Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo - Sephora, Ulta
3. Josie Maran Argan Oil - Sephora
4. Paul Mitchell Forever Blonde Dramatic Repair - Ulta

Stay Tuned,
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment